I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. It’s unusual for me to craft on a Saturday morning. I got up today turned my back on the chores and decided to make something for the Artful Times Challenge. This weeks theme is “Birds”. For full details of the challenge click here
I have altered a book for my project. Part of the rules of the challenge is to explain how you have made your project…. Mmmm! I will try but as always I am more than happy to answer anyones questions.
I started by marking and cutting a square out of the front cover of the book. I then marked a smaller square within the aperture and then cut away at the pages until I reached the depth I wanted. I glued the pages, including the cover, together using PVA glue. Whilst it was drying I made little plaque
I made a small frame out of quince prunings. They are from last year and out of my stash. The frame is held together by the wire and attached to the wooden block with hot glue. The little peace of wood is just some scrap out of the shed but it is quite nicely weathered. The little faux tile is just a piece of scrap board, painted, stamped onto and then distressed. I used the one step crackle medium on this. You just paint it on and let it dry. When it’s dry, just rub some acrylic paint into the surface and wipe off the excess. I love this product!!! The tile is attached to the wood with brass tacks. The plaque is attached to the book (back cover) using hot glue.
I stamped the birds nest onto some small tags. I inked around the outside of the tags using ranger distressing ink. You can just about see some little hooks in the spine. These are just some little eyelet screws. These are taking the weight of the key but I did add a little bit of hot glue to the underside of the base of the key.
The dog collar is out of the shed. I found it in the house when we moved in (12 years ago) I knew it would come in handy for something! LOL!
Right I think thats about it from me.
Best wishes Florence x